We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this position, you will get to:
- Build strong relationships with key platform and functional partners in order to support new product launches and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Conduct and/or manage packaging testing, trials, and analyses to validate and advance packaging opportunities.
- Lead collaborations with cross-functional partners to develop packaging solutions that balance cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Provide effective communication and documentation of work including test reports, cost analyses, and 2D/3D CAD concepts.
- Develop technical packaging material knowledge of a wide variety of materials and applications.
- Lead multiple projects in a cross-functional environment while delivering positive, effective results.
- Apply engineering principles and statistics to solve problems and make data-driven decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging, Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science
- Previous experience in or with:
- 1 year of Packaging Design/Engineering for industrial products/applications.
- Design for Manufacturing.
- ASTM or ISTA test standards and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Adept at critical thinking and problem solving
- Proficient time and task management
- Abilities to meet the physical and environmental demands:
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.1 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,000 people, across more than 80 global locations
- We have a robust portfolio of product brands dating back more than 100 years and including: nVent CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. We are a dedicated team of 9,000 people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers. While our name may be new, our products have set the standards for quality for more than a century.
At nVent, we are committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national, federal, state or local law.